What is an IPO?
An IPO (Initial Public Offering) is the process by which a privately held company becomes a publicly traded company by offering its shares to the public for the first time. It could be a new, young company or an old company which decides to be listed on an exchange and hence goes public.
With the help of IPO Companies raise equity capital by issuing new shares to the public or the existing shareholders can sell their shares to the public without raising any fresh capital.
OYO IPO Details and Dates
|IPO Open Date|
|IPO Close Date|
|IPO Listing Date|
|Face Value||₹10 per equity share|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size||8000 Crore|
About OYO Rooms
OYO Rooms (stylised as OYO), also known as OYO Hotels & Homes, is an Indian multinational OTA, homes and living spaces. Founded in 2013 by Ritesh Agarwal, OYO initially consisted mainly of budget hotels. The startup expanded globally with thousands of hotels, vacation homes and millions of rooms across more than 80 nations
- OYO Townhouse which is promoted as the neighbourhood hotel is in the midscale segment targeted at millennial travellers.
- OYO Home, which OYO claims is India’s maiden Home Management System that offers private homes in different locations and are fully managed by OYO.
- Capital O offers hotel booking services.
- SilverKey launched in April 2018, caters to the needs of the corporate travellers undertaking business trips for a short or long duration
- Palette offers the perfectly curated staycation for those in search of an intuitive experience at competitive prices, an upper-end leisure resorts category
SoftBank Group, Didi Chuxing, Greenoaks Capital, Sequoia India, Lightspeed India, Hero Enterprise, Airbnb and China Lodging Group, Microsoft Corp. Kotak Mahindra Capital, JP Morgan and Citi
How to apply OYO IPO Details
If you haven’t Zerodha account, you can open your demat account here
Steps to apply in IPO through Zerodha
1) Visit the Zerodha website and login to Console.
2) Go to Portfolio and click the IPOs link.
3) Go to the “OYO“ row and click the ‘Bid’ button.
4) Enter your UPI ID, Quantity, and Price.
5) “Submit” IPO application form.
6) Visit the UPI App (net banking or BHIM) to approve the mandate.