Nifty PSU Bank List | Top PSU Bank Equities Stock List
What is Nifty PSU Bank
PSUs or public sector undertakings are closely linked to the core sectors of the economy. These undertakings are majority owned by the Government.
In the PSU Banks there is a major type of government owned banks, where a majority stake is held by the Ministry of Finance of the Government of India or Ministry of Finance of various State governments of India. The officers working in these entities are equivalent to gazette officers.
The shares of these banks are listed on stock exchanges. Most of the shares are owned by the Reserve Bank of India.
Nifty PSU Bank List with Market Capitalization
|Sr.No||Index Name||Market Capitalization (cr)||Sector|
|1||State Bank of India||384070.66||Financials->Public Banks|
|2||Punjab National Bank||47402.42||Financials->Public Banks|
|3||Bank of Baroda Ltd||43930.72||Financials->Public Banks|
|4||IDBI Bank Ltd||41611.80||Financials->Public Banks|
|5||Indian Overseas Bank||39789.58||Financials->Public Banks|
|6||Bank of India Ltd||29288.91||Financials->Public Banks|
|7||Union Bank of India Ltd||25561.96||Financials->Public Banks|
|8||Canara Bank Ltd||25483.27||Financials->Public Banks|
|9||Central Bank of India Ltd||18012.95||Financials->Public Banks|
|10||Bank of Maharashtra Ltd||17187.62||Financials->Public Banks|
|11||Indian Bank||16494.40||Financials->Public Banks|
|12||UCO Bank||16379.66||Financials->Public Banks|
|13||Punjab & Sind Bank||8186.39||Financials->Public Banks|
The process to buy Equity in Stock Market is very easy in 7 steps
- Open demat account with a depository participant (DP).
- Open a trading account with a broker.
- Link your bank account with demat and trading account.
- The broker buys or sells the shares by executing orders on the electronic terminal provided by the stock exchange.
- A contract note is issued by the broker detailing the value of shares purchased plus his brokerage cost.
- The broker collects shares via settlement process (T+1) and makes payment on the behalf of investor.
- Order gets executed on the final settlement date (T+2).